Low Carb Creamy Mushroom Soup
Monsoon and hot soups!! what a divine combination. I must say this soup is my all time favourite now. I would love to make this luscious creamy mushroom soup very often. Read my other soup recipe here.
In western part of India monsoon has arrived with drizzles and heavy showers accompanied with chilled wind, cold weather. Like we need some cold food to beat the heat of hot sunny summers, our body crave for hot beverages and some crispy fritters to accompany the fizzy weather. In this damp and moist weather germs and bacteria also breeds rapidly. Research has shown that our immunity system tend to be low in monsoon & makes us susceptible to diseases like cold, flu and digestive tract infection which are very common diseases associated with monsoon. Intake water carefully as these are the place where germs develop and so are the diseases. For this reason I say a strict no to any outside food especially street foods.
So to stay strong we need to develop healthy food habit for this monsoon. And to break the stereotype food habit of hot tea & coffee & fritters, why not welcome this monsoon with some healthy and flavorful piping hot soups. Soups are nutritious, keeps you full for longer. Also as these are light so easily digestible and helps in reducing inflammation and stomach flatulence.
This creamy low carb mushroom soup is perfect for this monsoon. Rich with nutrition this soup is super easy to make and flavorful with its earthy look & taste. I never knew this mushroom soup would taste so insanely delicious while preparing.It has flavors of garlic and chilli for that spiciness, curd, pepper, natural mild sweetness from mushroom and onion, everything well balanced made this a perfect recipe. To make it little creamy I have added 1/4 tsp whole wheat flour which is better than all purpose flour. You can add almond flour also to it. A pinch of flour and 2 tbsp of milk made it more creamy. I have replaced heavy cream with beaten curd. If you are vegan then use soy milk and vegan curd for the recipe. If you are following Keto diet then add heavy cream and butter for this recipe.
Its a super easy and 3 step recipe:
I. Chop and saute mushrooms, onions, garlics. Sprinkle flour and water/ milk to simmer.
II. Blend to a smooth puree. Add seasoning (salt & pepper).
III. Simmer to get right consistency. Garnish & Serve
Interesting!! lets make this super healthy creamy earthy mushroom soup.
Low Carb Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Wash and chop the ingredients. Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and onions. Once onion is translucent add chopped mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Remove 4- 5 pieces for garnishing.
- Add 1/4 tsp flour and saute for a minute. Add water & milk here and let it simmer and get cooked in this liquid.
- Once mushrooms are soft and well cooked turn off the gas and blend to a smooth puree using a hand blender. If using normal blender then cool the mixture completely before grinding. To make it spicy I have added 1 green chilli to the blending jar along with mushroom. This is optional you can skip adding green chilli.
- Heat the puree again in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil and adjust thickness of soup.
- Turn off gas and serve hot with swirl of beaten curd. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and few sauteed mushroom pieces.
- If you are using regular mixer grinder, then cool the mushroom mixture completely before blending else it will burst with hot air pressure.
- For spiciness you can use green chilli or black pepper or cayenne pepper.
- Add almond flour for healthier option.