Lauki Raita is a savoury preparation from curd and bottle gourd. This is a variation of regular raita. In this dish we roughly grind the grated and boiled bottle gourd and mixed with whisked curd. This is another healthy diet and keeps you full for longer. Its full of fibre and protein and hence beneficial for weight-loss.
- 1 cup grated bottle gourd
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Curd
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Green Chilli (Optional)
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- Boil grated lauki for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain them with help of a colander and let it cool for some time.
- Grind them to a coarse paste. Add curd, salt and mix well. Dilute with water as per required consistency.
- Make coarse powder of dry roasted cumin seeds with help of palms. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.