Easy Bread Rolls for Kids
Kids Special Bread Rolls, is one great tiffin box idea. It has bread, potato stuffing and its deep fried to make it tasty, crispy and crunchy which normally a kid likes to eat. Kids need fat and energy punch to stay active in their growth period. If you have boiled potatoes in your refrigerator, It won’t take 10 minutes to prepare the rolls. In fact every one can have this delicious rolls. This is one of our favourite tea time snacking dish. I do keep boiled potatoes in my fridge because this gives lots of snacking options.
Read similar healthy appetizers and finger foods for kids. e.g. paneer corn seekh kabab, potato lollipop, veg shammi kabab, spinach corn sandwich, stuffed bread roll, cheesy potato sandwich, aloo kachori, stuffed paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha. All these items are favourite dishes of my 4 yr old kid. So whenever I keep them for his school lunch, he is very happy.
Let’s make the crispy bread rolls. Kids love tomato ketch up but it tastes even great with green coriander chutney.
Kids Special Bread Rolls for Tiffin Box
- Bread Slice – 4
- Potato- 2 – 3 boiled & mashed
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – Pinchor less
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Oil – for deep fry
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Water required to soak breads
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix the properly to make the stuffing.
- You can add finely chopped onion, green chillies and crushed garlic clove. But this is completely optional and you can skip them too.
- If you want can add dash of lemon juice or chat masala to the stuffing.
- Take bread and cut and remove the sides. but don’t discard them. They can be fried and used as bread sticks. dip the bread in water and remove immediately. Softly press to remove excess water.
- Put the stuffing on bread and cover it from all sides of the wet bread. Squeeze from all ends to make a ball shape. You can remove the four sides or keep it as per your choice.
- Remember the wet bread is soft and so don’t press hard else it will break and will open the bread and stuffings. Prepare all rolls and keep aside on a dry plate.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. Release the stuffed bread into oil.
- Fry until golden brown and remove once done from both sides. Strain excess oil using tissue paper.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.