Keto Soupy Spinach/ Spinach Soup
“Because I Love Spinach”
This leafy vegetable is full of nutrition, vitamins and minerals. Its rich in calcium and recommended for our bone health. It’s loaded with every good thing that our body needs.
Spinach recipes are very easy to make. Even in plain sauteed form it tastes delicious. It doesn’t take 5 minutes to get cooked. so when you are in hurry and want to make yourself some thing fresh and healthy, try this sauteed spinach recipe. Try my simple yet most popular butter garlic sauteed spinach for keto recipe.
How to make soupy spinach?
Normally while cooking spinach in dry sauteed form, never add water to it. Because they release lot of water while cooking. If you add additional water it will be mashy. One trick is wash and clean the leaves and then air dry them and store. Cut it just before you are going to cook them. In this way they release little less water or no additional water will get added in method of rinsing and cleaning the leaves. In my version of soupy spinach, I have not dried them before as i wanted it in soupy form.
While making any spinach soup we puree it to fine paste. but I wanted to have that bites of spinach along with it’s flavorful juice. Also I have added eggplant/ aubergine to the dish.
This is a simple soup recipe with minimal ingredients. I have used only salt and garlic for this soup and yet it’s delicious. Simplicity at it’s best.
Other Spinach Recipes
Another magic of the flavor of spinach is that it does not need any other spices to make it scrumptious. However it blends with garlic so well that only use of garlic is enough for this. How ever you can add other spices as well but the simple recipe is the best version to me. Palak also tastes great as gravy base in many curries and biryani etc. Read my bestever palak paneer and punjabi sarson ka saag recipe on blog.
While kneading wheat flour for chapati (flat breads) or Poori, I add 1/2 cup blanched and pureed spinach juice. This adds so many nutrition to the plain chapati. When your kid is a fussy eater you may try making this colourful poori or paratha. I have tried this for my baby and he loves this variety too much and at the same time he is having all the nutrition that’s required for his growth and development. Isn’t it a great idea?
Read more spinach recipes:
- Spinach & Mushroom Soup
- Sauteed Garlic Spinach
- Spinach Corn Sandwich
- Spinach Lentils Soup (Dal Palak)
- Fenugreek & Spinach Kadhi
- Spinach Cheese Balls
You can have this as weight loss soup specially for dinner and its so filling that you will not crave for anything else. Its also a diabetic friendly food.
Let’s make this yummy soupy spinach.
Keto Soupy Spinach For This Summer
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunch Palak Washed and chopped
- 2 Brinjal/ Aubergine cut into quarters (250 gms)
- 10 - 12 Garlic buds crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
- 1 Green Chilli
- Wash and clean the spinach properly and chop them finely.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute till garlic is light brown in color and is aromatic.
- Add diced eggplants and chopped spinach leaves. Season with salt.
- Saute on high flame for a minute. Then add 1/4 cup water and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes check consistency of spinach dish. Turn off heat and serve piping hot spinach soup.
- If you like, you can blend this to puree also.
PIN IT FOR LATER