Instant Veg Biryani
Biryani is a popular one-pot dish in Indian Subcontinent. It has developed in Royal Kitchen of Mughal Empire. The preparation method is different in different parts. In North India, Mughlai Biryani, Awadhi Biryani are very famous varieties. Similarly in Southern part Hydrabadi Biryani has gained fame. Biryani is basically an one pot dish and prepared by mixing vegetables and rice, cooked in one place.
Dum Biryani is another popular biryani with different cooking method. However this instant veg biryani is a quicker version of traditional biryani. Pressure cook vegetables and rice together in pressure cooker with required spices.
Difference Between Biryani & Pulao
Though almost similar, pulao is a lighter version of biryani. In pulao also vegetables are cooked with rice. but again difference of spice and cooking method makes them different.
Read similar posts:
Instant Veg Biryani
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 1/2 cup Green Beans
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 + 1 large Onions (1 sliced and fried to browns)
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup Curd (Hung/ Thick) (5 – 6 Tbsp)
- 1.5 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
- 2 tsp Biryani Masala
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Green Cardamom (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- 10 – 12 Black pepper (or 1/2 tsp powder)
- 4 – 5 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Corinader leaves Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves Chopped
- 3 cup Water
- Wash & soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, star anise, black peppers and saute till they are aromatic.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and saute till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste till they leave raw pungent smell.
- Add chopped vegetables and stir well.
- add all ground spices (except salt) and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add hung curd and stir well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Add soaked rice. Add in salt, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, brown onions.
- Add water 2 1/4 cups (double amount of rice). Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Turn off gas and wait till lid opens. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and onion browns.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and onion browns.
- Serve hot with curd or raita.
Pin it for later