Veg Hot And Sour Soup
Learn how to make this yummy tangy, spicy veg hot and sour soup. This veg hot and sour soup is one of my favorite soup. Whenever I dine out my first order is veg hot and sour soup. The name itself says it all. The sourness and the hot spicy combined together gives a nice flavor. The heat comes from the chilli sauce, black papers, ginger, garlic. you can add white pepper as well. The main sourness source is malt vinegar/ white vinegar.
You can add vegetables of your choice. Normally I add cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, french beans, mushrooms to the soup. You add bamboo shoots and tofu as well. This is super easy to prepare and gets prepared very quickly in 15 minutes.
The thickness or consistency you can adjust with cornflour.
This soup comes in Indo Chinese starter menu. Also read other Indo Chinese food like Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Manchurian,
If you are looking for soups then please check these:
Lets make this easy soup in 15 minutes.
Veg Hot & Sour Soup
This is an Indo Chinese soup which is easy and quick soup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely minced/ chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely minced
- 1 small Onion sliced
- 4 - 5 tbsp Spring Onion Greens
- 2 - 3 florets Cauliflower finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup Beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot Grated or sliced thin
- 4 Mushroom Sliced
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 glass Water
- 4 tbsp Corn flour
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, sauté for a minute. Then add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies, green onions. Sauté for a minute on high flame.
- Then add chopped veggies. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add water and boil for 4 – 5 minutes till they are soft and tender. Don’t overcook vegetables.
- Add soy sauce, white vinegar. Add salt. Add less salt as soy sauce has some salt in it.
- Add some water (1 cup)and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add black pepper and salt.
- In a small bowl mix the corn starch with 2 tbsp water and stir well. Add this mixture to boiling soup to give it thicker consistency.
- Season with black pepper and serve hot. Garnish with Spring onions.
Please follow and like us: