Gobi Manchurian Dry/ Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe
Gobi Manchurian makes an excellent starter. This is easy to prepare and compliments Indo-Chinese main course. Prepare fried rice and gobi manchurian. Awesome combination. Cauliflower is normally a vegetable of winters in India. But in many places it’s available across all season because of the cold store facility. Seasonal vegetables have different taste. There is a freshness and you will notice while cooking. Cauliflower is a vegetable which is full of nutrition and this is most loved vegetable. The cauliflower recipes are super delicious in any form and in any cuisine.
Read other Indo-Chinese food:
Gobi Manchurian Dry
- 1 medium Cauliflower chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp refined flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 Onion
- 6 - 8 large Garlic pods
- 1 Capsicum diced into medium pieces
- 2 Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 .5 tbsp Vinegar
- Wash and clean cauliflower. Cut it into small florets.
- Heat water in a saucepan. add a pinch of salt and boil the florets till they are par boiled..
- Remove from hot water and keep aside to cool for some time.
- In the mean while prepare a mixture of refined flour, corn starch, 1 tsp soy sauce, ginger garlic paste and a pinch of salt. Add water to make a batter of coating consistency.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan for deep frying or shallow frying. Dip the boiled florets and drop inside hot oil.
- Turn over and cook evenly from all sides. when done, remove from oil and place on paper napkin.
- Remove excess oil and leave 2 - 3 tbsp oil in pan. Add chopped garlic, chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add onion, bell peppers, saute for 2 minutes. add soy sauce, vinegar and 1/2 cup water. season with salt and black pepper.
- once it starts boiling add mixture of corn starch and water. This will thicken the garvy. add less water if you want dry manchurian.
- Then add fried gobi to the pan. mix well and stir on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with schezwan sauce.