Farali Lauki Bhujia | Navratri Special Recipe
In India Navratri is a major and auspicious occasion. This is a festival of nine consecutive days. Many people observe fast on these days. There are few food options that are allowed for these days. Bottle gourd or lauki is one of such vegetable that you can consume during these days. So you can make few farali snacks, curry and desserts with lauki or bottle gourd.
This is an easy recipe and takes less than 15 minutes to make. You need to grate and boil it for 10 minutes. Then squeeze out excess water from it and saute with cumin seeds, tomato and other spices for 3 – 5 minutes and dish is ready. Read my other hit lauki bhujia recipe here.
Some of lauki recipes are lauki launj, lauki curry, lauki aloo curry, lauki kheer, lauki barfi, lauki raita, lauki muthiya, lauki thepla, lauki sama khichdi and many more. You can be as creative as you can. Just replace normal flour with farali flour.
Read other vrat recipes on blog: Kuttu Chips, Kuttu Aloo Tikki, Aloo Jeera, Aloo Tomato, Sama Chawal Khichdi, Sama Chawal Dosa, Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vada. In sweet dish try my vrat special Sabudana Kheer, Aloo Halwa, Paneer Kheer, Fruits Raita, Singhade ki Burfi, Lauki Launj (halwa).
Recipe card for farali lauki bhujia or bhurji
Farali Lauki Bhujia
- 1 small lauki or bottle gourd
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- peel skin of lauki and wash thoroughly.
- Grate it with help of a grater.
- Add 1 glass water and boil it for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Then remove from water and wash with tap water once.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tbsp oil.
- Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add ginger and curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- saute for a minute on low flame.
- Then add boiled lauki and rock salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee (optional) and coriander leaves.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.