Easy Mix Vegetable Fry [How to Make Mix Vegetable Fry]
This is another quick dish and healthy as well. I love this combination and really colourful vegetables on my plate. The simpler the dish the lesser time it takes to prepare. I have used carrots, potatoes, green peas, french beans, green onions for this recipe. You may add any other vegetables like cauliflower, brussels sprouts etc. To give this a protein punch add paneer to the preparation. This tastes best of it’s kind and goes well with any breads, chapati/ paratha or even with dal rice.
If you want to make it low carb or keto for diet food then just use beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and remove carb veggie like potatoes and green peas.
If you have left over rice or cooked rice, you can add that to the preparation to make mix veg fried rice. And the taste of that is also awesome. In fact that’s one way to make veg fried rice. Vegetables you can choose. Add paneer or tofu (for vegans).
If you like this then read my other recipe : Quick Mix Vegetable Fried Rice From Leftover Rice (Image Below)
So friends let’s make this easy vegetable fry.
Easy Mix Vegetable Fry
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cup green french beans
- 4-5 Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 8 Garlic pods
- 2 medium Carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Chop vegetables in equal size (approximately).
- Heat oil in a pan. add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add hing or asafoetida. Put chopped garlic to the pan and saute till light brown. Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped vegetables into the pan. Add 1/2 tsp salt and cover with a lid. Don't add water to it. Veggies will get cooked in steam only. Stir occasionally.
- It will take 5 minutes to get the veggies cooked properly. Don't over cook them as it will make the dish mushy.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, aamchur powder and give it a quick stir.
- Cover with lid and again cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Check with a spoon if the potatoes are cooked or not. Cook till vegetables are just cooked and with a crunch.
- Increase the flame and cook them for another 1 minute with continuously stirring. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot