Easy Methi Aloo/ Sauteed Potato & Fenugreek Leaves
Methi Aloo is an easy and healthy dish which is taken as main dish or as sides. I have prepared this dish in exactly 5 minutes cooking time. I have some boiled potatoes which saved my time. This is a smart way to fast cooking. I always keep some boiled potatoes in my fridge which are life savers in hurry.
Also in another blog I had given a tip of faster cooking with leafy vegetables. Read here! When you have spare time just clean the leaves from the stems and store in a air tight fridge box or poly bag in refrigerator. At time of cooking just wash them and chop. Most of the time we hesitate making such leafy vegetable with an excuse that it takes long to clean.
So lets cook smart with some more easier technics. One more such smart idea is my ready to eat curry paste. Read the recipe here!
Lets make this easy methi aloo fry in 15 minutes cook time.
Easy Methi Aloo/ Sauteed Potato & fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup chopped methi leaves
- 4 medium Potatoes (boiled or raw)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4 Garlic pods
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Clean leaves and soak in a bowl of water for 10 minutes till the dirts settles down at the bottom. Then remove from water and wash thoroughly. Chop them finely.
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add garlic and saute till it leaves pungent smell. Add onion, green chillies and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Chop the potatoes (boiled or raw). If using raw potato then saute on low flame and covered lid for some time till potatoes are cooked soft upto 90%. Add salt. This will fasten the process by releasing water which will help in cooking faster. If using boiled potato then saute for 1 minute on medium to high flame.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Use half amount of spices and keep rest half to add after adding methi leaves. Saute for another minute.
- Add chopped methi leaves and rest spices. Mix well. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes till leaves are cooked completely.
- Stir in between to avoid sticking at the bottom. Turn off heat once leaves are cooked completely.