Easy Aloo Chaat / Spicy Potato Chaat
In monsoon we crave for more fried foods and urge to eat some tangy chatpata food always. But I believe homemade ones are the best. So I try to make them at home. This aloo chaat is one of such recipe that is quick and equally tangy spicy and delectable.
Read my similar street food of Aloo Tikki Chaat or Ragda Patties.
This is easier and lighter version of the tikki chaat. Aloo chaat is very easy and takes hardly 8 – 10 minutes to assemble if you have all chutney ready.
In fact you can prepare the chutney or sauces well in advance and refrigerate them for a week or more.
Basically we need two chutney for any chaat recipes. i.e.
- Green Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
I’m using boiled potatoes for my chaat which takes lesser time to fry than raw ones. But if you don’t have boiled potatoes, you can straight shallow fry the potato cubes covering with a lid on low flame. In this chaat I have taken boiled white peas also which is used to make ragda chaat. But if you want to make only aloo chat You can skip this.
I have used green coriander and mint chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, beaten curd in this Aloo Chaat. Add red chilli powder and green chillies as per your taste.
How to make spicy aloo chaat?
Boil potatoes and peel off skin once cold enough.
Chop potatoes into smaller pieces.
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped potatoes and saute on high flame for 3 – 5 minutes or till it’s light golden in colour.
Remove potatoes to serving bowl.
Add boiled white peas. But this is optional. You can skip this also.
Add finely chopped onions.
Then add red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala to the bowls.
Add green chutney, tamarind chutney, whisked curd, coriander leaves.
Sprinkle some more chat masala, chopped onions, green chillies.
Add some tamarind juice if you want more tangy n chatpata. Mix everything and enjoy.
Recipe Card for Spicy Easy Aloo Chaat
Easy Aloo Chaat
- 4 Potatoes boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 6 - 8 tbsp coriander mint chutney
- 6 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 4 - 5 tbsp beaten curd
- 5 - 6 tbsp nylon sev or any bhujia sev
- Boil potatoes, peel skin once it's cold. chop them to cubes of equal size.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Shallow fry the potatoes till they are light golden and cooked.
- Remove from oil and keep on a paper towel. Keep on serving plate.
- Add salt, chat masala, cumin powder, red chilli powder, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander mint sauce, tamarind paste, beaten curd.
- Mix them well. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, onions and nylon sev. Serve.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.