Easy Low-carb Mushroom Curry in Indian Style
Easy 5 minutes creamy mushroom curry in Indian style. Five minutes sounds magical. I have that magic wand. We all know how difficult it is to spend hours in kitchen. So we are looking for great recipes and great ideas to reduce that cooking time so that we can spend time with our family and kids. That’s why I have adopted one trick from my mom and shared in previous blog, Ready to use curry paste. Read the recipe here. Prepare the curry paste and store in refrigerator and use for different curries. This paste can be stored up to a week or more. This paste has no tomato puree added. So while cooking heat the paste in a pan and add tomato puree to it. In the end add garam masala.
Mushrooms are low in carb and hence considered and recommended for keto diet. If you are preparing this as keto then cook in butter and add cream to the curry. Those who are aiming for only low carb and low fat, consider no cream and butter. Use canola oil or olive oil.
Mushroom has high water content and it releases lots of water to the gravy. So never add excess water while cooking mushroom. Add mushrooms and saute for a minute and cook on low flame with covered lid. To reduce the cooking time, while the curry paste and tomato puree were getting cooked simultaneously I sauted the mushrooms in 1 tbsp oil in a separate pan for 3 minutes. In this way it gets half cooked. Then once the tomato puree infused with curry paste and spices, add the stir fried mushrooms to the gravy.
Lets make this mouth watering creamy mushroom curry using ready to use curry paste.
Easy 5 Minutes Creamy Mushroom Curry in Indian Style
- 250 gms Mushroom chop slices
- 2 tbsp Ready to use curry paste
- 1 tomato pureed
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Oil Olive or canola or sunflower or rice bran
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream for garnishing
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp ready to use curry paste. saute for a minute. add 1/4 cup water to bring it to right consistency.
- Puree the tomatoes and add to the curry paste and saute. add salt at this stage.
- In the mean while heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan and saute the chopped slices of mushroom till they are soft and half cooked. it will take 2 minutes.
- In this process it will release lots of water. so cook with covered lid on medium flame.
- After 2 minutes when the gravy starts boiling, add the sauted mushroom and cook together for 3 - 4 minutes. Mushrooms are very soft and won't take more than 5 minutes to get cooked completely.
- Add cream when done at required consistency. Garnish with freshle chopped coriander leaves or parsley leaves.
- If you are following keto prefer cooking in butter and add fresh cream generously.
- Don't add water while cooking mushroom as it will release water and will get cooked in that water itself.
- You can add the mushrooms directly to the gravy. This may take 4 - 5 minutes extra.