Easy Mushroom & Peas Pulao
This mushroom & green peas rice pulao (mushroom matar pulao) is an one pot easy comfort food for that lazy day when you don’t want to spend long time in kitchen. Perfect main course for that rainy day. This takes 15 minutes maximum to pressure-cook the ingredients.
Read other rice recipes here: methi matar pulao, mix vegetable fried rice.
Lets make this easy comfort food Mushroom & Green Peas Rice.
Easy 15 Minutes Mushroom & Peas Rice Pulao
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil/ Ghee – 6-8 tbsp
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies cut into halves
- 2 Cardamom (green)
- 3 Cloves
- 5 Black pepper freshly crushed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Green peas (frozen)
- 6 - 8 Mushrooms
- Heat Oil and add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, Cinnamon stick cumin seeds to crackle. Then add chopped onions and saute. If you want add ginger garlic at this stage.
- Add rice and saute for a moment. Add mushroom and peas. Add in 2 cups of water and salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the lid opens, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with curd or raita.