Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/gourmet-ad/Classes/GA_VAST_Mobile_Detect.php on line 18
Easy Mushroom Matar Pulao
This mushroom & green peas rice pulao (mushroom matar pulao) is an one pot easy comfort food for that lazy day when you don’t want to spend long time in kitchen. Perfect main course for that rainy day. This takes 15 minutes maximum to pressure-cook the ingredients.
The speciality of this recipe is that I have used only whole spices like bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper. Again only salt and turmeric powder was used. So it’s aromatic and at the same time more spices won’t dominate the earthy taste of mushrooms.
This makes an easy tiffin box recipe for kids as well as for adults.
Let’s make this easy comfort food mushroom peas pulao.
Easy 15 Minutes Mushroom & Peas Rice Pulao
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil/ Ghee – 6-8 tbsp
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies cut into halves
- 2 Cardamom (green)
- 3 Cloves
- 5 Black pepper freshly crushed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Green peas (frozen)
- 6 - 8 Mushrooms
- Heat Oil and add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, Cinnamon stick cumin seeds to crackle. Then add chopped onions and saute. If you want add ginger garlic at this stage.
- Add rice and saute for a moment. Add mushroom and peas. Add in 2 cups of water and salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the lid opens, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with curd or raita.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.