Stuffed Eggplant/ Brinjal using ready to use curry paste
Yes, I have made this stuffed eggplants (Achaari Bharwan Baingan) today in 10 minutes. And the magic is ready to use curry paste and the Indian pickle spice mix. If you have both the spices ready then it takes only 10 minute to prepare any stuffed vegetables.
Brinjals or eggplants are low-fat and low- carb vegetables and is good option for keto diet. Spices contain some sugar content but again the amount used is lesser and hence can be considered for keto diet. If preparing as weight-loss recipe then instead of frying in oil, bake this in microwave.
I have prepared the fried stuffed eggplants as side dish. Add 1 tbsp curry paste and water to make gravy base. No need to add any other spices to it. Add only salt as per taste.
If you like stuffed vegetables and prepare very often,then this is one of the best idea to save your cooking time. This saves almost 30 minutes of your cooktime.
There are other variations of stuffing used for such recipes, e.g. peanuts paste, grated coconut paste etc.
Lets make stuffed pickly eggplants.
Easy 10 Minutes Stuffed Pickly Eggplants
- 2 tbsp Ready to use curry paste
- 2 tbsp Pickle Spice Mix
- 250 gm eggplants (choose smaller ones with dark skin)
- 1/2 tsp Aamchur/ Dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Frying Stuffed Brinjal
- 4 - 5 tbsp Refined Oil
- Take 2 tbsp curry paste and 2 tbsp pickle spice mix in a bowl. Add salt and dry mango powder and mix well.
- Cut slits vertically from base to stalk but don't cut the stalks. Stuff the mixed masala or paste firmly into brinjals. You can cut quarters also.
- Similarly stuff all brinjals with mixture. Keep aside on a dry plate.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. drop the stuffed brinjals slowly into the pan once oil is hot. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame.
- Don't stir. But flip with help of a tong to avoid breaking of brinjals and masalas will be intact inside brinjals. Drizzle some extra salt from top and sides.
- It won't take more than 10 minutes to get this stuffed eggplants cooked properly. Turn off the gas and serve hot.
- To make curry, add the left out stuffing mix (after filling the eggplants) or 2 tbsp stuffing mixture to the pan and add 1/4 cup water and let it simmer for 5 - 7 minutes.