Dal Paratha | Leftover Dal Paratha | Lentil Flatbread with step-by-step instructions.
This paratha is kids special recipe. Why I have tagged this as kids special? Because many kids don’t like dal (like my son). This is an healthier alternative you can make for your kid.
This is a comfort food and an easier tiffin box recipe for your kid. If you are making this for morning tiffin box then my suggestion (what i also do) prepare dal from night and refrigerate. This will save whole lot of time in busy morning hours.
There are other kids tiffin box friendly recipes which are quick and easy to make. Read few names below:
- Vermicelli Pulao
- Paneer Paratha
- Aloo Paratha
- Gobi Paratha
- Cheesy Potato Sandwich
- Spinach Corn Sandwich
- Masala Uttapam
- Mini Rava Dosa
Recipe Card For Dal Paratha
Dal Paratha Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl add dal, flour, dry spices, salt, 1 tsp oil and mix well first.
- Try to knead without adding water.
- If required add little water gradually kneading a smooth dough.
- Cover with a moist napkin for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal portions.
- Roll them into circles like flatbreads.
- Heat Tawa and place the paratha and shallow fry till it changes colour and puffy.
- Apply ghee on both sides and flip for 2 – 3 times ensuring cooked equally on both sides.
- Remove once done properly.
- Serve hot with pickle ar sauces/ dips of choice.
How to Make Dal Paratha Quickly?
Take a large mixing bowl. Add cooked dal, wheat flour, red chilli powder, coriander powder, ajwain (carom seeds), salt, oil (1 tbsp).
Mix all ingredients well. Knead to a smooth soft dough. If required add little water for binding. Knead well.
Cover with a moist cloth for 5 minute.
Roll into little thick flat breads like circles.
Heat Tawa and shallow fry applying ghee or butter on both sides.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.