Cucumber tomato raita or veg raita is an easy and quick side dish in our full course menu. This veg raita is a simple mixture of hung curd, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, green chillies. Add some coriander leaves for some extra flavor.
Raita is one of the most popular condiment in India. Though it’s a side dish, it completes the menu.
You may change vegetables and fruits to give it a twist. But trust me even if simpler version with only roasted cumin powder and salt will steal my heart anytime.
This is very common in almost all parts of India. This form of raita is a part of our daily diet in north Indian Kitchen.
Check out my variation of raita on blog:
This curd preparation goes well with any type of paratha and biryani or pulao. Addition of raita or buttermilk to the main course in lunch or dinner adds satisfaction to another level.
This is very easy to make and takes only 5 minutes or less. It can be seasoned with dry roasted cumin seeds, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cayenne pepper, chat masala, black salt, dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri Methi) etc depending on your taste and type of raita.
Recipe Card for Cucumber Tomato Raita
Cucumber Tomato Raita/ Veg Raita
- 200 gms beaten curd
- 1 cucumber peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tomato deseeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (black salt)
- 1 pinch red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients nicely.
- Add salt and red chilli powder as per taste.
- Dilute by adding little water to the mixture.
- Make sure to use beaten curd for smooth and creamy raita.
- Don’t add more water. Raita is little thicker consistency.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.