Crispy Potato Chips – Fasting Recipe
Potato Chips is super easy to make. This is most convenient to make as well. In fasting days of navratri or on monday fasting, this is my favorite tea time snacks.
My mom in law make sun dried chips in bulk for fasting days. And when required we just fry them in hot oil or ghee. But that process requires more patience and time.
When we don’t have such place where we can actually sunday for 2 – 3 days and again we need to be careful for it’s cleanliness also.
So what I do is make fresh chips when required. In order to make it crispy and crunchy you need to soak it in cold water for 30 – 40 minutes. By this it removes starch level making the chips crispy.
So easy way to get crispy potato wafers. Otherwise What I do is peel off skin and keep it soaked in water in refrigerator overnight. When required slice it and immediately deep fry the slices.
After frying if you want to add salt and pepper you can do so. For fasting days add rock salt and for other days add regular sea salt.
You can serve these chips with tea or coffee or with plain curd.
This is again another finger food option for kids and toddlers.
Recipe card for crispy potato chips
Crispy Potato Chips
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 bowl cold water (ice water)
- 1 cup refined oil or ghee
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Peel skin of potatoes and wash thoroughly.
- Then slice into thin slices and dip in a bowl of ice water for 30 inutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from water and pat dry the slices.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Deep fry potato slices for 2 – 3 minutes or till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat once done and place them on tissue paper to get rid of excess oil.
- Crispy potato chips is ready.
- Serve with hot tea/ coffee.
Read other vrat recipes on blog: Kuttu Chips, Kuttu Aloo Tikki, Aloo Jeera, Aloo Tomato, Sama Chawal Khichdi, Sama Chawal Dosa, Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vada. In sweet dish try my vrat special Sabudana Kheer, Aloo Halwa, Paneer Kheer, Fruits Raita, Singhade ki Burfi, Lauki Launj (halwa).
Pin it for later