Crispy Corn Kabab Recipe
Corn kabab as the name says it all the hero ingredient is corn or sweet corns. When we think of snacks or party appetizers, we want recipes that are easy, hassle free and at the same time quickly made. So here is one more name to such list. For this recipe take sweet corn (frozen) or fresh. If taking fresh corns then you need to boil and cool them before adding to other ingredients. And like I always mention in other kabab recipes where we add potatoes as binding agent, we need to boil them well in advance. This is because when just boiled and hot it has more water content so it will not bind properly. Second reason is even if you add corn starch for binding, it will turn out very sticky and will not bind in shape.
So as I say always keep some boiled potatoes in freeze. They help in reducing cooking time in many dishes (especially in Indian cooking).
For better result, after preparing the mixture of all ingredients keep it in refrigerator to set. So that it will not crack and split while deep frying. You can shallow fry or pan fry them but deep frying brings extra crisp in kabab. You can also prepare the kabab mixture, give them shape and keep in deep freezer for future use. So if you have some party or get together at home you can very smartly prepare the kababs in 5 – 10 minutes. Or you can give them shape of patties and place in pair of buns or breads and pack this healthy burger for your kid’s tiffin box.
Also read similar kabab recipes like Hara Bhara Kabab, Stuffed Hara Bhara Kabab, Vegetarian Shammi Kabab, Cheesy Potato Croquettes. I would also share few more reads in starter section like Falafel, Sesame Falafel, Sprouted Brown Chickpeas Fritters. Also read indo-chinese starters like Chilli Paneer, Veg Manchurian Dry, Gobi Manchurian, Chilli Corn, Chilli Potatoes.
How to make crispy corn kababs
Corn Kabab Recipe
- 1 cup Corn kernels frozen/ fresh
- 2 Potatoes boiled and cooled
- 2 tbsp Corn frozen/ fresh
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste or grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour dry roasted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Oil for deep frying/ shallow frying/ pan frying
- Take one cup of frozen corn. Grind to a paste without adding water. If you are taking fresh corn then boil before grinding.
- In a mixing bowl add the corn paste, potatoes, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, ginger paste, all ground spices mentioned in ingredients list above. Mix well. No need to add water.
- Add bread crumbs and dry roasted gram flour to the mixing bowl. Mix them to a dough and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Greese your palms and take a small lemon size ball and roll it. Give them shape of logs or kabab or patties.
- Drop in hot oil for deep frying. You can also pan fry or shallow fry
- Flip lightly and make sure cooked evenly.
- Serve hot with onion rings and tomato ketchup or green coriander dip/ dhania chutney.