This chilli cheese toast | cheese chilli toast is a quick snack that is loaded with veggies and lots of cheese. One of the energy boosting cheesy and yummy recipe for your super energetic kid. This makes excellent tiffin box recipe for kids as well.
Well this cheesy snacks may come under junk food like pizza, but once in a while you can treat yourself and your kid with this yummy cheesy bread snacking item. Again the size of bread used in this toast is much less as compared to pizza base.
But to make it healthier, use brown breads for any toast or sandwich items. Brown breads or multigrain breads are much better than regular white breads always.
Here I have taken white breads as that was available at home. And in these hot sunny days I don’t feel like going out to buy bread for me. 🙂
This quick snack will not take more than 10 minutes
How to make chilli cheese toast?
Normally Indian Chilli Cheese Toast is made in two ways.
First method: Onion, garlic and vegetables are sauted before spreading on breads. Then placed on bread slices with cheese toppings. Then grilled to make toast.
Second method: This method I use normally. I do mix vegetables with seasoning and then spread on bread slice along with cheese toppings. Then I grill these veggie loaded slices into crispy toasts.
I have taken capsicum, onion and corn kernels only to my sandwich. You can also add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and even paneer chunks in your toast.
Also you can use mozzarella, cheddar cheese or any processed cheese in your toast.
For kids tiffin box you may add one slice on top of open toast and then grill this sandwich applying little butter on both sides. This chilli cheese toast sandwich would be more filling also. In such case you can place one cheese slice in place of grated cheese.
You may also refer to my other bread recipes for kids tiffin box,
Recipe Card for Chilli Cheese toast
Chilli Cheese Toast | Indian Cheese Chilli Sandwich
- 1/4 cup corn kernels boiled
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (2 cheese cubes grated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 slice bread
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- In a mixing bowl mix boiled corn, bell peppers, onion chopped, green chillies (optional), salt, oregano, chilli flakes.
- Now apply butter on one side and brown it slightly on hot tawa or pan.
- Remove from pan and put seasoned vegetables on it along with grated cheese on top.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes on top.
- Prepare similar slices.
- Heat pan/ tawa again. (keep on low flame)
- brush it with 1/2 tsp ghee/ butter.
- Now place bread slices on pan and cover with a lid so that cheese will melt quickly with heat from all around.
- This will take 1 minute only.
- Remove from hot pan and serve hot with ketchup.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Read similar healthy appetizers and finger foods for kids. e.g. paneer corn seekh kabab, potato lollipop, veg shammi kabab, spinach corn sandwich, stuffed bread roll, cheesy potato sandwich, aloo kachori, stuffed paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.