Cheesy Potato Balls
Cheesy potato balls are easy party snacks. This is also a kids friendly finger food and appetizer.
These are so soft that they will just melt in your mouth giving a burst of flavors. Oregano seasoning makes it more tasty and flavorful. You can also replace oregano with garam masala to give this an Indian food flavor.
It’s easy to prepare and takes less than 30 minutes for the whole process. Only one suggestion for better binding of the balls, you need to boil the potatoes in well advance and cool them completely before mixing other ingredients and flour.
Otherwise it will be sticky and won’t bind properly. This might spoil your whole preparation. Also be careful not to overcook the potatoes. Else you need to add more flour (as binding agent) and this will not taste good.
Here I have taken red & yellow bell peppers. You can add other veggies like green beans, grated carrots, beans or any other finely chopped vegetables to make vegetable bites. But I have avoided these vegetables to keep this a simple appetizer.
How To Prepare Cheesy Potato Balls?
Boil and cool potatoes well in advance. Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and mash it completely. You can use a grater or a masher for this.
Add all ingredients with mashed potatoes. Mix well. Make small balls of this mixture.
Then take out a ball press it lightly on palms and give it a shape of patty. In the center place 1 tsp grated cheese or a small cheese cube.
Gently close this from all sides. Roll it lightly on greased palm making a small ball. Make sure there is no crack left in the ball. Don’t press it too hard.
Then coat this with slurry of refined flour and then with bread crumbs. Repeat for all balls. Deep fry in hot oil till golden and crisp.
Recipe card for cheesy potato balls
Cheesy Potato Balls
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1/2 small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 – 3 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup refined flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- refined oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, bell peppers, oregano, chilli flakes, onion, garlic, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper.
- Mix well. make small balls. Press it lightly making small roundels.
- Place 1 tsp grated cheese in the center.
- Close it from all edges making ball again.
- Repeat for all balls.
- Make a slurry of refined flour and corn flour.
- Dip balls in slurry and then coat in bread crumbs.
- Then dip fry the coated cheesy balls till golden and crispy.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.