Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters | Cauliflower Tater Tots
Cauliflower fritters | Cauliflower tater tots are tiny finger food and made from blanched cauliflower (softer & dry) with some seasoning. For binding either add potatoes and some bread crumbs. This way it will be gluten free as well.
Any ways if you want to make only with cauliflower (potato free tots) then add some flour to cauliflower for binding.
Here my cauliflower fritters or cauliflower tater tots is one interesting dish I have made recently and wanted to share with all moms.
It’s really one simple recipe. But I ll tell you why I’m super excited to share this recipe. This recipe will surely help those moms who have fussy eating kids.
I face a difficult time everyday feeding my kid healthy vegetables and curry. Many times it’s a complete “No” from him.
So this is just an innovative idea I had tried and trust me he actually finished 2 bowls of stir-fried cauliflower & potatoes and he didn’t realize he ate the food which he dislikes normally.
And this gives utmost satisfaction to a mom. This is healthy and quick to make.
Normally for kids food we are not calorie conscious. Only thing is they should get that nourishment of green vegetables and fruits. So you have to make it interesting from their perspective.
If you have lots of leftover cooked vegetables, you can always try this method to make them interesting.
Also read my recipe of veg arancini from leftover dal khichdi.
But this is how you can actually serve one of the best and quick appetizers.
To make this, I have taken cauliflower and potato curry (dry sauteed) which is a much common dish in my kitchen. This is infact one most popular main course in North India.
Read the recipe of cauliflower & potato curry/ fry (Aloo Gobi) which is used as the main ingredient.
Even if you don’t have leftover veggies you can always sautee them instantly and use for this. There is one similar recipe I have posted on site and that is vegetable kabab.
What are other ways to make cauliflower tots/ fritters?
Cheesy Cauliflower Dumplings For Kids Tiffin Box
- 2 cup Leftover veggies fry
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Grated mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup Refined Oil
- Mash the veggies completely with help of a masher.
- Add 1/2 cup rice flour, salt, chopped green chillies, chopped onion, coriander leaves, garlic powder or crushed garlic, red chilli, grated cheese to the mashed vegetable.
- Mix well and make a dough like mixture. Divide them to equal balls. Grease palms with 1 tsp oil & shape the balls as per your wish.
- Hear oil in a pan and deep fry the balls or fritters till its golden brown and equally cooked from all side.
- Serve with tomato ketch up or coriander dip and serve in tea time or kids tiffin box.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.