Bread Pakora | Stuffed Bread Pakoda | Easy Indian Snacks
Bread Pakora is an easy snacks recipe. This is most loved street food in our country.
In this recipe potato mixture is stuffed in bread slices and deep fried with coating of gram flour.
I make this often on weekend breakfast as my husband is very fond of this. Another very frequent breakfast item is potato sandwich which is a favorite item of my kid.
This is easy to make and hardly takes 30 minutes to prepare 4 – 5 servings.
If you are preparing this for weekdays, then also you can prepare this in lesser time. You need to prepare the masala or stuffing and refrigerate it for future use.
I make spiced potato stuffing for my bread pakora. However you can add mix vegetables or scrumbled paneer or sliced paneer as stuffing.
Normally I saute boiled potatoes with other aromatic spices to make stuffing. Then place evenly on slices. Cover with another slice. Now dip the sandwich in spiced flour batter and deep fry them.
Serve with dhania chutney (coriander dip) or tomato ketchup.
Recipe Card For Bread Pakoda
Bread Pakora (Stuffed Bread Pakoda)
- 2 – 3 potatoes boiled
- 4 – 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- salt to taste
Preparing Batter for Pakoda
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1 pinch ajwain or carom seeds
- 1 pinch salt (as per taste)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- water as required
Prepare Potato Stuffing
- Mash boiled potatoes with a masher.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Saute till translucent.
- Now add all dry spices and mix well.
- Then add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Now add all ingredients under column batter preparation.
- Add water slowly and gradually making a batter of flowing consistency.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Place 2 tbsp potato mixture and spread it evenly on bread slices.
- Cover it with another slice of bread.
- Press the breads gently.
- Dip the stuffed bread in gram flour batter so that it gets coated well.
- Dip fry the coated bread in hot oil.
- Fry till it's golden and crisp.
- Remove from oil and place on paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sauce.
If you are looking for some healthy breakfast options, please read similar recipes like upma, vegetable upma, pinwheel samosa, aloo pyaz poha, aloo matar poha, gobi paratha, aloo paratha, aloo kachori, bread roll, spinach corn sandwich, cheesy potato sandwich, masala dosa sambar, sattu porridge , tomato omelette, whole wheat dosa, atte ka chila, etc on blog.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER