These are the traditional appetizers and evening snack items which are great complement with your ginger tea.
Bottle Gourd & Potato Dumplings
Bottle Gourd & Potato Dumplings is a deep fried snacks made with chickpeas flour and grated bottle gourd and potatoes and a combination of spices.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Bottle Gourd (Lauki) Peeled & Grated
- 3 - 4 Potatoes Peeled & Grated
- 1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt As per taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- Peel and grate the bottle gourd or lauki and squeeze out the excess water.
- Peel and grate the potatoes and keep them in separate plate.
- Add gram flour, rice flour, all spices mentioned and grated potatoes and bottle gourd. Mix all ingredients to a medium thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai on high flame. Once oil is hot, add the lemon sized balls to the oil.
- Fry till its golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on tissue paper. Serve hot with green chutney and sauce.
If you want more crispy, add some more rice flour. Don't need water while preparing batter.
Please follow and like us: