Bottle Gourd Potato Dumplings/ Lauki Aloo Pakode
Bottle gourd and potato dumplings or lauki aloo bhajji or pakode is one of the yummiest pakoda or fritter I have ever tried. Well since my dad was diabetic patient he avoids any potato dish. So when I make any potato dish, I always make some alternative dish that he too can enjoy.
So along with potato and onion fritters I always make either lauki pakoda or cabbage pakoda for my dad. And he is a true foodie who understands and appreciates my efforts. <3
But if you are making for diabetic patients, skip potatoes and make only with lauki or bottle gourd. Read my other bottle gourd recipes here.
Well these fritters are best accompaniment for your ginger tea. These makes great appetizer and evening snacks. Look out for my sprouted brown peas fritters here.
These fritters or dumplings are really easy to make and at the same time crispy crunchy and delicious.
How to make lauki aloo pakode?
Peel skin of lauki and potatoes and wash to clean properly.
Grate lauki and squeeze out excess water.
In the same bowl grate potatoes.
Add gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt to the grated lauki and potatoes.
Mix well for 3 – 5 minutes. No need to add extra water.
Take small portions of batter and deep fry in Hot oil.
Fry till both sides are crispy and golden in color. Serve with ketchup or coriander chutney.
Recipe Card for Bottle Gourd and Potato Fritters
Bottle Gourd & Potato Dumplings
- Peel and grate the bottle gourd or lauki and squeeze out the excess water.
- Peel and grate the potatoes and keep them in separate plate.
- Add gram flour, rice flour, all spices mentioned and grated potatoes and bottle gourd. Mix all ingredients to a medium thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai on high flame. Once oil is hot, add the lemon sized balls to the oil.
- Fry till its golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on tissue paper. Serve hot with green chutney and sauce.