Black Chickpeas Sauteed (Kala Chana Masala)
This Black Chickpeas or Kala Chana Masala is a delicious dish. This is a famous dish in almost all parts of country. I have used my stored curry paste to prepare the dish. You can either use the curry paste or make fresh paste of onion and ginger garlic. Also add few whole spices while grinding the paste. You can use chopped onion and tomato as well.
One thing you have to take care is soak the chickpeas for 8 hours or more. Then wash off and pressure cook for 8 – 10 whistles. To give it a variation you can add boiled potatoes to the preparation.
This is one healthy food and can be used as weight-loss recipe without adding potatoes. Again its a great food option for Keto Diet.
Read more weight-loss recipes here!
Read more keto recipes here!
Know about KETO here!
Black Chickpeas Sauteed
- 1 Cup Black Chickpeas (Soaked & Boiled)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Garlic pods
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masalaa
- 2 tsp Curry Paste (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tejpatta)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Soak black chickpeas for 8 hours or over night. Pressure cook the soaked peas for 8 - 10 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add tej patta or bay leaf, cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Then add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and saute till onions are translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they are soft.
- If you are using curry paste then add it now. If not using curry paste then directly add the spices like coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt. Mix well. Add garam masala or chana masala.
- Add boiled chickpeas to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. you can add 1/4 cup water and let it simmer and infuse with spices.
- You can add boiled potatoes here and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.