11 Eggplant Recipes | Healthy Indian Brinjal Recipes
Brinjal or eggplant is one of the healthiest vegetables. This is low in carb and a great vegetable if you are aiming for some weight loss. Read amazing health benefits of brinjals and 11 best eggplant recipes on my blog.
Eggplants or brinjals are very common vegetable in Indian cuisine as well as in world cuisine. This, in fact, belongs to the class of berries (a fruit, botanically) but is used as a vegetable culinarily just like tomatoes. Both tomatoes and eggplants belong to the same Solanaceae (nightshade) family botanically.
This is a versatile vegetable that you can add in your diet in any form in any recipe. Make any snacking items with this, make curry, add to your rice, or make raita or dip with it.
This is so versatile that you can blend it with anything and yet it’s delicious. These eggplant recipes are very common and most popular Indian recipes.
I’m in process of making some more eggplant recipes from other cuisines as well. The number will go up surely. Please do come back and check again.
Apart from delicious and yummy, this is a superfood with loads of health benefits associated with it.
Health Benefits of Eggplant / Brinjal
Eggplants are nutrition-rich vegetables that are filled with many essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals. This is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium, folic acid, etc.
This is a low carb vegetable. Brinjal or eggplant or aubergine is the best vegetable if you are on a keto diet or even on the low carb diet. In addition, it provides a good amount of fiber. So good for gut health as well.
This is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants protect our bodies from damage caused by free radicals. These antioxidants also help in preventing many chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
Eggplants are high in fibers and polyphenols. Polyphenols reduce the enzymes that influence sugar absorption. Thus results in reduced blood sugar. That’s the reason, this is a superfood for diabetic patients. It has ayurvedic medicinal properties for diabetic patients.
Since eggplants are high in fiber and low in calorie it is always the best option to add in your weight loss diet recipe. You can replace high carb vegetables with these eggplants for your weight loss recipes. E.g. If you are on a weight loss regime, instead of aloo palak (potatoes cooked in spinach gravy) make palak with eggplant cubes like my Keto Soupy Spinach Recipe.
High Iron and copper helps in producing healthy red blood cells. Thus it helps to combat anemia. With healthy blood circulation, you will feel more active and energetic.
Takeaway: 7 Health Benefits of Eating Eggplants
- Low in carb & high in fiber – helps in weight loss. Thus great food for keto diet, low carb diet.
- Rich in antioxidants: – helps to fight against free radicals and boosts immunity.
- Natural antioxidants and high manganese: – fight against cancer cells and protects our body from disease like cancer.
- High in fiber & polyphenols:- helps reduce blood sugar level. a healthy superfood for diabetic patients.
- High Fibers: – keep the bowel movement proper and keep gut healthy. Thus helps in proper digestion.
- It keeps our heart healthy by absorbing excess cholesterol by binding it with the digestive system’s bile & excretes.
- Iron & Calcium:- Makes bone strong and fights against osteoporosis. Folic acid is beneficial for pregnant ladies and prevents birth defects in the newborn.
Best Indian Brinjal or Egg Plant Recipes
6. Dahi Baingan/ Baingan Raita/ Baingan Pachadi (side dish made with stirfried eggplants and beaten curd)
Read similar recipe collections on the blog:
- Breakfast Recipe Collections
- North Indian Curry Recipes
- Best Vegetarian Rice Recipes
- Kids Tiffinbox Recipes
- Indian Kabab Recipes
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER