Aloo Palak/ Potatoes in Spinach base Gravy
This is another easy spinach recipe. If you have got bored of the regular red curry paste while comes to potato curry then this is one idea. You will add a bunch of nutrition pack to your recipe with this super-food. Super easy recipe again with my ready to use curry paste . However you can make fresh paste instantly for the curry. Very Easy recipe with spinach puree. Instead of potatoes, you can add paneer to make palak paneer recipe.
There is another way of preparing aloo palak. Saute both the ingredients together.
Read other spinach recipes here!
- 1 bunch/ cup Spinach Blanched
- 4 Potatoes Boiled and peeled
- 2 Onion Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 6 garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Blanch the spinach leaves and cool it with ice cold water to retain color. Puree it to a smooth paste.
- Grind onion, tomato, ginger, garlic to fine paste. Add 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Put one bay leaf. Add the paste and saute. Add all spices and saute till the paste is cooked well.
- Add spinach puree and mix well. add salt and water and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes
- Add boiled potatoes or paneer.