Aloo Palak Gravy | Potato Spinach Curry | Saag Aloo
Aloo palak is another easy spinach recipe. If you have got bored of the regular red curry paste, then try this green curry base. You will add a bunch of nutrition pack to your recipe with this super-food.
This is one quick recipe and doesn’t require more preparation. If you have boiled potatoes, then that saves 4- 5 minutes more. This is also called as Saag Aloo.
Palak or spinach is a super-food and we should include this green leafy vegetable in our daily diet. You can replace potatoes with paneer or tofu if you want low carb and high protein diet. Read here my palak paneer recipe.
I have made a base curry paste of tomato, ginger, green chilli base. So this is a no-onion no-garlic curry. Yes if you want you can add onion and garlic to the dish.
You may add baby potatoes or regular potatoes. Shallow fry the potatoes till golden and then add to the gravy. Remember we are not going to cook palak gravy for long as it will discolour and all nutrients will be lost.
Before making puree of palak or spinach blanch it for 2 minutes and then wash it with cold water to avoid excess cooking. Then puree it to smooth paste.
Now heat oil and add tomato and chilli, ginger paste and saute. Then add dry spices and next add pureed spinach to make gravy. Add boiled and shallow fried potatoes to gravy. As simple as that. The whole process takes hardly 15 – 20 minutes.
Recipe Card For Aloo Palak Curry
- 1 bunch/ cup Spinach Blanched
- 250 gms baby potatoes or regular potatoes Boiled and peeled
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Kasuri Methi (roasted and powdered)
- Blanch the spinach leaves and cool it with ice cold water to retain color. Puree it to a smooth paste.
- Grind tomato, ginger, green chilli to fine paste.
- Add 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Put one bay leaf.
- Add tomato and ginger paste and saute till it leaves oil from sides.
- Add all spices and saute till the paste is cooked well.
- Add spinach puree and mix well.
- add salt and water.
- Simmer for 3- 5 minutes
- In the mean while, shallow fry potatoes till its golden in color and cooked soft.
- Next add fried potatoes to the gravy.
- In the end add garam masala, dry roasted and powdered kasuri methi and give a nice stir.
- Turn off heat and add a dash of lemon juice.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER