10 minutes Crispy Potato Lollipop
Appetizers or snacks has a great place in our cuisine. These are the dry snacking items which goes well for any holiday get-together, any kind of parties, or even for your tea time, these appetizers play an important role in pleasing taste buds and hence loved by everybody.
There are numerous party appetizer ideas and recipes. Just play with ingredients and you will make some better and tastier dishes every time. Crispy potato lollipop is one of the quickest of the quick appetizers. Takes only 10 minutes to prepare these lollipops. Only thing you need to do is you should boil the potatoes well in advance and cool it. Then in no time your crispy potato lollipop is ready. This is also loved by kids.
If you are looking for tiffin box recipes for your kid, then this is such a quick recipe. You can prepare the mixture over night and refrigerate it.You may shape them differently to make it attractive for kids. Use cookie cutter to shape them. Even these are best easy finger foods for toddlers. Remove chilli when making for kids or toddlers.
Just two steps in making these quick appetizers.
- Combine all ingredients and mix properly.
- Coat in bread crumbs and fry them.
So if you have only boiled potatoes within minutes you can serve these yummy snacks. Also you can add grated carrots or peas, corn and cheese to make it more delicious. Well like I said you just need to play around with ingredients (veggies and spices) and create some yummy dish.
Lets make this super easy and kid’s favourite snacks Crispy Potato Lollipops.
10 Minutes Crispy Potato Lollipop
- 2 medium Potatoes Boiled, cooled, mashed
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Refined flour to make slurry
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs for coating
- 1 cup oil for deep frying/ shallow frying
- Take mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, green chopped coriander & salt. Mix them well.
- Keep in refrigerator to set for sometime. This helps in binding properly.
- Then greese your palms and take out small balls from the mixture and roll it to give round shape or any other shape of your choice.
- Make slurry by mixing 2 tbsp refined flour with 4 - 5 tbsp water. It should be of flowing consistency just for coating purpose.
- In the meanwhile take breadcrumbs in a plate. Ad chilli flakes and oregano seasoning to it. Mix well.
- Dip the potato balls into the slurry and roll it on the breadcrumbs mixture. Repeat this for each ball and keep aside.
- Deep fry or shallow fry them till it turns golden and crisp. Serve hot with any dip of your choice.
- Keep potatoes boiled and cool it before starting cooking process. This will reduce the preparation time to 5 minutes.
- Add grated carrots, corn, cheese to make it healthier option for kids and toddlers.
- Adjust the chilli amount as per the age group or as per taste.
- Insted of oregano you can use garam masala as well. It will give different flavor.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.